Automotive Service Managers at Rad Air are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of their shop and ensuring that clients have an exceptional experience while having their vehicle serviced. Automotive Service Managers are expected to lead by example and arrive to work with a positive attitude which is conducive to the team atmosphere of the company.
Now hiring at our Garfield Heights location!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open shop for business, which includes making sure loaner cars are ready to go and the lobby is prepped for the day
- Conduct daily morning meetings to review the day, discuss the previous day, and set expectations for the day’s goals. Review any learning opportunities
- Answer phones during business hours to assist clients with appointment scheduling, provide business information (location, hours, etc.), and address general inquiries
- Greet clients in a polite, professional manner and collect information related to their service visit and their vehicle’s issue
- Enter new client data into Mitchell, the point of sale system used at Rad Air
- Work with technicians to develop solutions to vehicle issues
- Develop estimates based on client’s concern(s), needed maintenance, and OE manufacturer–recommended maintenance
- Communicate needed repairs, costs, and timeline with client and receive permission to proceed with repairs
- Contact clients via phone and text with updates on the status of their vehicle’s repairs
- Utilize a tablet for workflow and communication
- Maintain the shop schedule and contact clients to confirm upcoming appointments.
- Perform vehicle delivery process with client, which includes collecting payment, explaining services performed, reviewing warranty coverage, and showing old parts
- Close out day, clean the counter area, and make sure all paperwork is filed
- Attend community and neighborhood events as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of service writing or service advising experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record
- Desire to grow career and contribute to the team’s success