The environment, and particularly the inclement weather in the Greater Cleveland region, can be damaging to automobiles when they are stored outside. If you do not have access to a carport or a garage to store your vehicle, you must find other ways of protecting your car. Here are a few techniques you can use to protect your car when parking in a garage or under a carport isn’t an option:
- Purchase a portable carport. There are plenty of tents, tarps, and other coverings available for car owners who need some car coverage without too much cost.
- Keep paint sealed with regular waxing. This will help keep the exterior of your car protected from heat and weather.
- Invest in sunshades. These are an easy way to reflect sunlight out of your car and keep the interior cool and comfortable.
- Regularly wash your car. Rinsing off debris that your car collects from being stored outside will ensure its finish stays pristine.
- Be mindful of where you’re parking. Avoid parking under trees which could drop leaves, sticks, and other debris onto your car and damage it.
- Don’t air dry your car after a wash. Water droplets left on a car magnify UV rays from the sun, causing hard water deposits to be etched into the surface of your car.
If you take good care of your car, you don’t need a garage to keep it in tip-top shape! Regular maintenance goes a long way to protecting your vehicle. Count on your local Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center for any needed car maintenance or repair services in Northeast Ohio.Schedule an appointment today