Those rubber belts and hoses that snake throughout your car engine are key to making sure that your car works when you need it to. While it may appear that they simply take up a lot of space in your engine compartment, the belts and hoses in your car transmit fluids and run pulleys that operate some of your car’s most important systems – systems that simply wouldn’t operate without their presence. Mechanics at the Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center want you to know these facts about belts and hoses and the role they play in your car’s operation:
• Belts and hoses wear out over time. With exposure to freezing and sweltering temperatures, belts and hoses do wear out over time. Rubber can become stiff and rigid, which makes it prone to cracking. Cracked hoses leak critical fluids and cracked belts can shred.
• They can be easily accessed. If you do have a problem with a belt or hose, then they are easy to fix. For the most part, belts and hoses can be easily accessed and can be replaced in a short amount of time.
• They are affordable. Belts and hoses are some of the least expensive parts on your car, which makes them affordable to replace. If you are driving in Cleveland and have an issue with a hose, your car care technician will quickly remove the hose and reattach a new one using hose clamps. Belts can be slipped on and off by readjusting gears.
• Get them checked. As part of our regular preventative maintenance plan we offer at the Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center, our automotive team always checks the condition of belts and hoses to make sure that they are working well and are not worn out.
• Damaged belts and hoses can cause problems. They can not only prevent your car from getting coolant, but can then cause associated damage to other systems in your car.
As you can see, belts and hoses play an important role in the life of your car. If you are concerned about the wear and tear on this mechanical system, simply bring your car into the Parma Heights Rad Air Complete Car Care & Tire Center. We’ll be happy to assess your belts and hoses and let you know about their current condition as well as making maintenance recommendations. Call today!Schedule Service Here